Friday, April 20, 2007

PLEASE TAKE TIME TO SIGN THIS PETITION AT THE BBC ...

Alan Johnston and I grew up together in Kenya. Our families go back a long way - my mother and his father have known each other since they were at school many many years ago. Six weeks ago, Alan was kidnapped in Gaza and it is impossible to imagine how worrying this is for his family. Nothing has been heard of him since he was taken. Please take time to follow this link to the BBC and sign the petition calling for his release - he needs to be home, now!
Alan Johnston banner

5 comments:

orachel said...

My gosh...this is just horrifiying. Of course I'll sign the petition. This is just a little too similar to what Daniel's family had to endure..I'll be praying for a different outcome for your friend. Unbelievable that things like this can go on in our world. Actually, its not unbelievable, which is even more tragic. I'm so sorry for his family and friends, and I'll be praying for humane treatment and safe return.

Blog related...thanks for your lovely freebies...made my day. OH, your strawberry alpha link doesn't seem to be working. Leads to a store, but its not the page the alphas offered on.

Have a good weekend!
orachel

Tink said...

Hi Rachel

If you like to email me I will send you the link to the Strawberry Alpha - thanks for letting me know that there is a problem to the link here, I'll get that sorted :)

Laurie said...

Tink,

I am so sorry to hear of this! I can't imagine what this is doing to his family and to yours. It is cowardly of people to kidnap reporters and civilians during these trying times. I will be praying for your friend and his family.

Anonymous said...

was so happy late last night to see the release of Alan Johnston,he is a fine reporter,a brave man and just wanted to wish him and his family well.

welcome home alan

jean ramage

jmsramage@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Prais God he's free Tink!

-Sophia